There are 6 steps to career change: more than just your dreams.
6 Steps to Career Change: More Than Just Your Dreams
Much of the career coaching that I do is with people who realize they need out of their current situation:
- Their current corporation is being sold and they can see that the new organization will outsource their position
- There are only lateral moves available within their current corporation
- They get up every morning and HATE what they are doing
- They know there is more inside them than the work they are doing now
- They are worth more than they are being paid
- They remembered they once had dreams…
When my coachees are ready to launch into the adventure of recreating their careers, we talk a LOT about dreams.
How about you? What are YOUR dreams?
If you can’t remember, get started on a fresh life journey. Remember, re-evaluate. Re-write your personal mission statement. That will help you remember who you are and why you’re here on earth. If you’ve never had one, take a day to yourself and do this workbook:
Now, you’re ready to adventure!
But career change is NOT just about your dreams. Here are other things to think about:
- What are your strengths?
- What are your masteries or most powerful experiences? (Either in work or out)
- What has God revealed to you through those experiences?
- What are your values (what is most important to you- money, relaxation, travel, family, etc)?
- Who is depending on you?
- What is your cause (what are you involved in that has transcendent – or goodness- value)?
You’re right. Career changes can be tough. It’s best not to do that journey alone. Take along an experienced guide- in other words, a Career Coach.
Contact me today to get started! We can journey through your career change in person, by email or via Skype.