Want help? Here are 3 ways to beat 3 kinds of stress.
3 Ways to Beat 3 Kinds of Stress
Ever thought that there might be more than one kind of stress? Surprise! There are at least 3 kinds of stress (some folks even describe more than 3).
SO much stress! What can you do about it? Here are 3 ways to beat 3 kinds of stress:
Normal Life Stress: This is what we typically think about when we describe stress. Normal life stress is simply the feeling we get when:
- There is too much to do and too little time or too few resources
- No one is listening to you
- Things feel out of control
What to do about normal life stress? Here are 3 ideas:
- Make a to-do list and then cross off all the unrealistic items.
- Tell yourself that you can do this! (calmly and repeatedly)
- When no one is listening, then evaluate: Does the subject need to be dropped? Am I saying things over and over; or saying them too loudly? Are my listeners simply being unkind-should I talk to someone else?
- Change the things you can change and let go of the things you can’t
Eustress: This is the cool kind of stress we feel when we have a LOT of cool stuff happening all at once. We feel happy but our bodies recognize eustress as any other stress. Eustress causes the formation of stress hormones- like adrenaline and cortisol (fight or flight hormones). Manage those feelings with
- Progressive relaxation at least once per day (download a freebie how-to here)
- Ignatian Examen at bedtime (download a freebie how-to here)
- Practice thankfulness
Anxiety: Too much stress for too long can turn into anxiety. Anxiety can become a psychological issue if it goes on too long or is too intense with worry and physical discomfort. Before it gets out of hand, try these:
- Get some counseling. Counseling is different from coaching. Counselors help heal the pain causing the anxiety.
- Get some life coaching. Life coaching helps you reduce anxiety by rediscovering who you are, what dreams God gave you to dream, and find ways to develop the tools to make those dreams happen.
- Tackle some of your fears- like meeting new people. Download this freebie.
Life coaching and Career Coaching help you recalibrate your goals and your self-understanding. Coaching is a great stress buster. For coaching with a coach who is expert, who is experienced, who is compassionate and who believes in you contact me today!
We will work in person at Pike Creek Psychological Center, by phone or Skype.